This course provides a basic understanding of how to design and modify 3D models using AutoCAD software. Creating 3D models helps users better visualize and present designs that are created with CAD.
This course introduces students to the fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 3D models with AutoCAD. Students learn how to create and modify both solid and surface models. Students learn how to present their designs while they are still being created, using visualization tools such as visual styles, model walk and fly-through, materials, and lighting. Students also learn how to output 3D models from the CAD system to either paper or a distributable, electronic version.
Designers who are familiar with AutoCAD and proficient in working with 2D objects, and who want to create 3D models of their designs.
To teach students the fundamental concepts and workflows for creating 3 D models using AutoCAD, including:
- Representing a design by crating solid primitives, solid or surface models from cross-sectional geometry, or composite models from multiple solid models.
- Completing a solid model design by adding the necessary features to detail, duplicate and position 3D models.
- Converting 2S objects to 3 D objects.
- Documenting a 3 D design by creating 2D drawings from production and visualization.
- Communicating design ideas using visual styles, lights, model walk-through tools and renderings.
- Introduction to 3D Modelling
- Creating Solid Primitives
- Creating Models from 2D Profiles
- Creating Composite Solids
- Working in 3D
Creating Models from Cross Sections
- Converting 2D Objects to Solids or Surfaces
- Adding Detail of Your Solid Models
- Converting Objects
- Editing Solid Models
- Extracting Geometry from Solid Models
- Changing the Model Position
- Duplicating the Model
- Getting Information from 3D Objects
Sectioning a Model and Creating Drawings
- Sectioning a Solid Model and Generating 2D Geometry
- Creating Drawings from 3D Models
- Using Visual Styles
- Using Lights
- Using Materials
- Using the Sun
- Navigation the Model
- Using Cameras and Views